Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

FBLA takes on State

18 members of FBLA competed at state, some moving on to nationals
FBLA+at+Missouri+State+FBLA+Competition+
curtsey of District Newsletter
FBLA at Missouri State FBLA Competition

April 12-16 FBLA took on State in Springfield, MO, representing St. Charles High. FBLA is the biggest business career and technical student organization in the world. Our chapter has 33 members, 18 of which traveled to State. Throughout the state competition FBLA members had bonding and sightseeing as well as a lot of competing. 

It was really fun and the fork was the best part.

— Sarah Gingras

“It was really fun and the fork was the best part,” Sarah Gingras said. The FBLA group went to see the largest fork by mass as well as getting froyo, visiting Buc-ee’s gas station, visiting Bass Pro, attending conventions, and going out to eat together.

Many of the members of SCHS FBLA have grown closer with other groups through competitions and such and were able to rekindle their relationships over the trip. 

“We had a lot more presentations / roleplays so we didn’t get to do as many extracurricular activities as we usually do, but it was a great opportunity for our students to compete,” club sponsor Wendy Kirchhofer said. 

FBLA was awarded many high placements in the rankings after the competition. Chris Kimsey, Mukhil Kumar, and Gavin Vaughn took third in Partnership with a Business category and will be going to nationals June 24-27 in Orlando, Florida. Sarah Gingras took fifth place in Organizational Leadership. Gavin Vaughn took eighth in advertising. Anjelia Philogenes took ninth in visual design/digital management. Charlotte Kulma,  Monica Ferguson, Sarah Gingras, Lana Usery, and Caiden Wright took ninth in Parliamentary Procedures.

“I really like my team and my chapter. I think we have a bright future ahead of us,” Kulma said.