Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

One Amazing Award

Mrs. Irizarry wins the outstanding office staff award
Piper Ruebling
Mrs Irizarry holds her award.

On April 5, SCHS’s very own Andrea Irizarry won the Outstanding Office Staff Award for the St. Charles School District. She was nominated by Activities Director Ben Owens, and won for her dedication to the school and district as a whole. 

“I nominated her because she works tirelessly for the students here at SCHS and the programs and the coaches,” Owens said. “She goes above and beyond to do anything that’s expected of her, she’s full of support, she shows up in the evenings when we have events, she always gives her time and helps students out as much as she can. She does a great job.”

Irizarry’s dedication to the school shines through and affects more than just the office staff. The staff of St. Charles High agrees she’s more than deserving of the award.

“[She is] 100% [deserving]. She is so hardworking and organized and I think she is the best,” librarian Jane Mulitsch said.

Irizarry was not expecting to win the award, and was surprised to find out she won. She was very modest about the win.

“I like my job, do I think I work harder than all my friends do here? No,” Irizarry said. 

It was a shock, I hate attention. I was so embarrassed.

— Andrea Irizarry

Irizarry helps and communicates with the rest of staff, even when it’s not about school. 

“Mrs. Irizarry and I have three children each, that are the same ages, so we are very good friends on a mom level. I like to go down and talk to her about mom stuff,” Mulitsch said.

Owens, who nominated her for the award, agrees that Izizarry is a pleasure to work with and is very deserving of the win.

“Her personality [is the best]. We work really well together, and keep each other in check. If one of us forgets something the other one remembers,” Owens said.