Student of the Month
  • Rylan Orrick, Christian Cotton, Will Moore, Lauren Redlawsk, Quinn Orrick, Chris Cortes-Lopez, Ethan Young, Waverly Boock, Maria Linhoff, Dean Follmer, Makenna South, Daniel Waters.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Taylor Beye

From being a sub last year, to being a new English teacher
Taylor+Beye+teaching+one+of+her+classes+
Shaunessy McGowen
Taylor Beye teaching one of her classes

Taylor Beye started off subbing for teachers around the building, just getting used to how the way the school works. She ended up loving the teachers and students. 

“I liked it enough that I saw the job opening, and I was like, this is where I want to be,” said Beye. 

After subbing for many teachers, she started to get a better understanding of grading, planning and building the relationships with each student she had, even if it was for a short time period.  

Beye had a teacher that showed her the way left an impact on her. 

“I had an English teacher in high school. English was always kind of my favorite subject, but this teacher specifically was just good about speaking new ideas to us,” said Beye.

Beye always wants to be able to leave an impact on every one of her students and be able to make them succeed in everything. 

“We want you to succeed with the things we’re doing,” said Beye. “We just wanna make sure that the environment is comfortable and equipped for learning.” 

The students and teachers of SCHS welcome her as a Pirate.

“We want you to succeed with the things we’re doing.”

— Taylor Beye