Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

StuCo Goes Gold

St. Charles High School Student Council became a Gold Honor Council at the state convention in March
Skye Reichert
Student Council members before heading to the state convention.

Last month St. Charles High’s Student Council went to the State Convention in Carthage,  MO, and became a Gold Honor Council for MASC for the first time in 26 years. Student Council has put in a lot of hard work to receive this award. 

We had to make a slideshow and present it to Dr. Happel, our principal, so he could sign off on it. In that slide show we had to list all of the activities, conferences, everything we did over the school year. We had to go through a whole application process and check all of these boxes that asked about our community service project or what we did for organizations such as the Special Olympics,” StuCo Vice President Hope Day Said.

Hope Day on stage holding the Gold Honor Council award. (Skye Reichert )

St. Charles Student Council didn’t just become a Gold Honor council through MASC but through NASC too. 

“We have two different awards as a Student Council. We are a part of MASC which is the Missouri Association of Student Council and the National Association of Student Council and so this year for the first time our student council actually won both of these awards,” adviser Reichert added.

Everyone was very happy with their achievements. 

“We were really proud of ourselves because we’ve been working all year doing the adequate amount of fundraisers and volunteer work as well as making sure that we obtain all of these steps in order to get this award,” junior class president Dani Nalepa said.

It is the highest award that you can achieve as a council.

— Hope Day