Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Cody Thorne

Graduate starts his new journey by becoming an ISS teacher
Cody+Thorne+is+the+new+ISS+teacher.+
Shaunessy McGowen
Cody Thorne is the new ISS teacher.

Cody Thorne growing up had a lot of family members and friends that went to SCHS so whenever he thought of coming here, he did. 

“I wanted to join St. Charles High because it was where I went to school and I wanted to be able to give back to the school that I attended,” Thorne said. 

Thorne always knew that he wanted to become a teacher and wasn’t able to get the placement he really wanted. 

“Becoming an ISS teacher was not my initial plan, I wanted to try to find a PE job,” Thorne said.  “However, I was not able to find a job. Whenever the ISS job opened up, I felt like it was a good opportunity for me to get into the district.”  

Over the years, he has been watching his family go through the school district and it helped him get to where he is now. 

“My parents and sister are all either teachers or going into teaching,” Thorne said. “It has definitely been nice having family members that work in the district. They have helped me to understand the way things run within the district.” 

Thorne has some words of advice for SCHS students.

“I would tell them to be involved. Do whatever activities they want to do and have fun with it. From sports to clubs, find something you’re interested in and be a part of it.” 

— Cody Thorne