Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Cody Thorne

Graduate starts his new journey by becoming an ISS teacher
Cody+Thorne+is+the+new+ISS+teacher.+
Shaunessy McGowen
Cody Thorne is the new ISS teacher.

Cody Thorne growing up had a lot of family members and friends that went to SCHS so whenever he thought of coming here, he did. 

“I wanted to join St. Charles High because it was where I went to school and I wanted to be able to give back to the school that I attended,” Thorne said. 

Thorne always knew that he wanted to become a teacher and wasn’t able to get the placement he really wanted. 

“Becoming an ISS teacher was not my initial plan, I wanted to try to find a PE job,” Thorne said.  “However, I was not able to find a job. Whenever the ISS job opened up, I felt like it was a good opportunity for me to get into the district.”  

Over the years, he has been watching his family go through the school district and it helped him get to where he is now. 

“My parents and sister are all either teachers or going into teaching,” Thorne said. “It has definitely been nice having family members that work in the district. They have helped me to understand the way things run within the district.” 

Thorne has some words of advice for SCHS students.

“I would tell them to be involved. Do whatever activities they want to do and have fun with it. From sports to clubs, find something you’re interested in and be a part of it.” 

— Cody Thorne