Student of the Month
  • Rylan Orrick, Christian Cotton, Will Moore, Lauren Redlawsk, Quinn Orrick, Chris Cortes-Lopez, Ethan Young, Waverly Boock, Maria Linhoff, Dean Follmer, Makenna South, Daniel Waters.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

New Office Staff

Rita Olendorff and Bethany Aubin started working in attendance and guidance
Bethany+Aubin+working+
Melanie Mota-Luis
Bethany Aubin working

There are two new friendly faces in the building: Rita Olendorff and Bethany Aubin. 

Olendorff is the new attendance secretary and Aubin is the new registrar. 

Olendorff started working at SCH on Sept. 5. She wanted to be able to do something different. 

“A friend told me about the opening. I had just left a private family practice in St. Peters called Family Medical Group that I was at for 38 years and I was looking for something different,” Olendorff said. 

The interview process was a comfortable and calming experience. 

“I felt very good about the job during the interview, it was 15-20 minutes. I felt very comfortable,” said Olendorff. 

Olendorff wanted to say something to the students, while continuing the semester. 

“Come to school on time!” said Olendorff. 

Rita Olendorff working (Melanie Mota-Luis )

If you walk down the hallway and go through the Commons and into the guidance office you will find Bethany Aubin. 

Aubin started at SCH on Nov. 13. As a new registrar, she took over Amy Robertson’s job, having big shoes to fill. 

“I love the community at St. Charles High! I am a proud parent of two students here at the school. I’m eager to help and get more involved with the students and staff,” said Aubin. 

It’s always best to be ready and prepared for the interview process. 

“Interviews are always a little nerve-racking, but I prepared to the best of my abilities and made sure I was ready to answer any questions that were presented,” said Aubin.  

Aubin wanted to say some last thing before the last couple weeks of the semester. 

“Thank you for welcoming me into SCHS. I look forward to meeting everyone. Please feel free to stop by and introduce yourself,” said Aubin.  

“Come to school on time!”

— Olendorff