Student of the Month
  • Rylan Orrick, Christian Cotton, Will Moore, Lauren Redlawsk, Quinn Orrick, Chris Cortes-Lopez, Ethan Young, Waverly Boock, Maria Linhoff, Dean Follmer, Makenna South, Daniel Waters.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Cameron Johnson-Taylor

New teacher joins special education department
Sammy Pogue
Cameron Johnson-Taylor is a new special education teacher at St. Charles High.

Cameron Johnson-Taylor joined St. Charles High in the middle of 2021 as a paraprofessional. Now he’s working full time as a special education teacher.  Coming in with experience made people love and appreciate him.

“I want to be able to meet the youth and kids in this classroom, in this setting where they can have a better understanding,” he said. 

He feels becoming a Special ed teacher will help impact students because it’s better to be with kids one-on-one so they have better opportunities to ask questions and learn. Many different teachers have different ways of teaching and challenging students. 

“Learning a routine, learning how prepared you have to be, and being prepared has different definitions for each teacher, so I’m just trying to find out my niche,” Johnson-Taylor said. 

At St. Charles High we have a lot of different opportunities for teachers, like coaching. Johnson- Taylor is coaching as an Asst. Varsity football coach this season, as well as being a dad.

“Different hobbies outside of school are being a Dad to two beautiful girls ages 5 and 2. I also coach football,” Johnson-Taylor said.