Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Cameron Johnson-Taylor

New teacher joins special education department
Sammy Pogue
Cameron Johnson-Taylor is a new special education teacher at St. Charles High.

Cameron Johnson-Taylor joined St. Charles High in the middle of 2021 as a paraprofessional. Now he’s working full time as a special education teacher.  Coming in with experience made people love and appreciate him.

“I want to be able to meet the youth and kids in this classroom, in this setting where they can have a better understanding,” he said. 

He feels becoming a Special ed teacher will help impact students because it’s better to be with kids one-on-one so they have better opportunities to ask questions and learn. Many different teachers have different ways of teaching and challenging students. 

“Learning a routine, learning how prepared you have to be, and being prepared has different definitions for each teacher, so I’m just trying to find out my niche,” Johnson-Taylor said. 

At St. Charles High we have a lot of different opportunities for teachers, like coaching. Johnson- Taylor is coaching as an Asst. Varsity football coach this season, as well as being a dad.

“Different hobbies outside of school are being a Dad to two beautiful girls ages 5 and 2. I also coach football,” Johnson-Taylor said.