Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Cameron Johnson-Taylor

New teacher joins special education department
Sammy Pogue
Cameron Johnson-Taylor is a new special education teacher at St. Charles High.

Cameron Johnson-Taylor joined St. Charles High in the middle of 2021 as a paraprofessional. Now he’s working full time as a special education teacher.  Coming in with experience made people love and appreciate him.

“I want to be able to meet the youth and kids in this classroom, in this setting where they can have a better understanding,” he said. 

He feels becoming a Special ed teacher will help impact students because it’s better to be with kids one-on-one so they have better opportunities to ask questions and learn. Many different teachers have different ways of teaching and challenging students. 

“Learning a routine, learning how prepared you have to be, and being prepared has different definitions for each teacher, so I’m just trying to find out my niche,” Johnson-Taylor said. 

At St. Charles High we have a lot of different opportunities for teachers, like coaching. Johnson- Taylor is coaching as an Asst. Varsity football coach this season, as well as being a dad.

“Different hobbies outside of school are being a Dad to two beautiful girls ages 5 and 2. I also coach football,” Johnson-Taylor said.