Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Meeting Mrs. Jennings

Coming to the stage; the new theater teacher, Anna Jennings.
Anna+Jennings+is+serving+as+the+theater+teacher+this+year.+
Shaunessy McGowen
Anna Jennings is serving as the theater teacher this year.

A new school year brings in many new things. New students, new friends, and even new teachers. At St. Charles High School there is a collection of new teachers in the building this year. Most students know from last year that the beloved theater teacher Nick Saubers is no longer in the building, taking a year of absence to better his health. In his place St. Charles High has Anna Jennings.
Coming over from Hazelwood West High School as an English teacher, Jennings is now taking over the theater and speech classes along with the leadership lab for freshmen.
“This is my fourth, fourth in a half year, depending how you look at it,” Jennings said.
With taking over the theater classes, Jennings is now the director of the school play with the help of choir director Courtney Gibson.
“It is my first year directing a high school play, but not my first year directing a play,” Jennings said.
Switching from an English to theater is a decent change in pace for Jennings, but Jennings has always had dreams of being in a theater.
“When I was young I wanted to be an actress,”  Jennings said.
When she’s not teaching, she likes to act and direct in local community theaters. Getting well adjusted to the school, Jennings has come to know her fellow St. Charles High teachers and has gotten to know her students more.