Student of the Month
  • Rylan Orrick, Christian Cotton, Will Moore, Lauren Redlawsk, Quinn Orrick, Chris Cortes-Lopez, Ethan Young, Waverly Boock, Maria Linhoff, Dean Follmer, Makenna South, Daniel Waters.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Meeting Mrs. Jennings

Coming to the stage; the new theater teacher, Anna Jennings.
Anna+Jennings+is+serving+as+the+theater+teacher+this+year.+
Shaunessy McGowen
Anna Jennings is serving as the theater teacher this year.

A new school year brings in many new things. New students, new friends, and even new teachers. At St. Charles High School there is a collection of new teachers in the building this year. Most students know from last year that the beloved theater teacher Nick Saubers is no longer in the building, taking a year of absence to better his health. In his place St. Charles High has Anna Jennings.
Coming over from Hazelwood West High School as an English teacher, Jennings is now taking over the theater and speech classes along with the leadership lab for freshmen.
“This is my fourth, fourth in a half year, depending how you look at it,” Jennings said.
With taking over the theater classes, Jennings is now the director of the school play with the help of choir director Courtney Gibson.
“It is my first year directing a high school play, but not my first year directing a play,” Jennings said.
Switching from an English to theater is a decent change in pace for Jennings, but Jennings has always had dreams of being in a theater.
“When I was young I wanted to be an actress,”  Jennings said.
When she’s not teaching, she likes to act and direct in local community theaters. Getting well adjusted to the school, Jennings has come to know her fellow St. Charles High teachers and has gotten to know her students more.