Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

FBLA takes on State

18 members of FBLA competed at state, some moving on to nationals
FBLA+at+Missouri+State+FBLA+Competition+
curtsey of District Newsletter
FBLA at Missouri State FBLA Competition

April 12-16 FBLA took on State in Springfield, MO, representing St. Charles High. FBLA is the biggest business career and technical student organization in the world. Our chapter has 33 members, 18 of which traveled to State. Throughout the state competition FBLA members had bonding and sightseeing as well as a lot of competing. 

It was really fun and the fork was the best part.

— Sarah Gingras

“It was really fun and the fork was the best part,” Sarah Gingras said. The FBLA group went to see the largest fork by mass as well as getting froyo, visiting Buc-ee’s gas station, visiting Bass Pro, attending conventions, and going out to eat together.

Many of the members of SCHS FBLA have grown closer with other groups through competitions and such and were able to rekindle their relationships over the trip. 

“We had a lot more presentations / roleplays so we didn’t get to do as many extracurricular activities as we usually do, but it was a great opportunity for our students to compete,” club sponsor Wendy Kirchhofer said. 

FBLA was awarded many high placements in the rankings after the competition. Chris Kimsey, Mukhil Kumar, and Gavin Vaughn took third in Partnership with a Business category and will be going to nationals June 24-27 in Orlando, Florida. Sarah Gingras took fifth place in Organizational Leadership. Gavin Vaughn took eighth in advertising. Anjelia Philogenes took ninth in visual design/digital management. Charlotte Kulma,  Monica Ferguson, Sarah Gingras, Lana Usery, and Caiden Wright took ninth in Parliamentary Procedures.

“I really like my team and my chapter. I think we have a bright future ahead of us,” Kulma said.