Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Top Score!

Chris Ketchum scores 1000 points in his basketball career

Senior Chris Ketchum has played for the SCHS basketball team since his freshman year, and throughout all four years of high school he has accumulated his scored points to reach a total of 1000, which has been achieved very few times in the history of SCHS.

“It’s a huge accomplishment. He’s a great kid and he’s worked hard in the program. He’s gotten better and better. Only about 15 to 20 people have achieved to reach this in the entire history of the school,” basketball coach Rick Foster said.

It’s a huge accomplishment. He’s a great kid and he’s worked hard in the program. He’s gotten better and better. Only about 15 to 20 people have achieved to reach this in the entire history of the school.”

— Rick Foster

Ketchum not only has attained his 100 points, but he was also awarded GAC conference player of the year.

“It’s an honor, I feel like I deserved it last year. I was kind of expecting it,” Ketchum said. 

As Ketchum decides to continue his basketball playing career, many universities have taken interest on him and his skills. 

“I’m still looking, actually. Some of my options are Illinois College, Jacksonville, Morehouse, Alabama, and Tennessee State,” Ketchum said. 

Ketchum’s friendly personality earned him the respect of his teammates and showed great leadership. 

“He’s a team-first guy, he’s always been very unselfish,” Foster said. 

Anthony Norman, one of Ketchum’s teammates and friends, agrees with Foster.

Chris Ketchum poses for his senior night photo along with his faimily. (courtesy of @StCharlesHoops)

“He basically was a great leader, he brought us closer together. He helped us get through many problems as a team.”

He basically was a great leader, he brought us closer together. He helped us get through many problems as a team.”

— Anthony Norman