Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

No Ifs, Ands or Putts

Young Golf team gains experience

This year the SCHS golf team has 10 members, and none of them are seniors. Most of the golfers are new so they are constantly striving to improve. 

“They have definitely improved throughout the season which you can see in their scores and their swings, they are gaining more consistent contact with the ball,” said Coach Mike Zacheis. 

Most of the golfers are new and have little to no experience. 

I used to hit and at the range with my dad.

— Aubrianna Strong

“I found my dad’s old golf clubs and decided that I might as well try golf out,” said junior Alex Beals.

Several of them were inspired by family. 

“I used to hit and at the range with my dad,” added freshman Aubrianna Strong.

Strong is the only girl on a team that was once considered ‘boys golf’.

“Girls are welcomed to participate in the boys season, however they do have to play from the same tees as the boys play from because we don’t have a girls program, that would normally be in the fall,” added Coach Zacheis.