Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Leveling up to a New Season

ESports has begun a new Overwatch season, and is looking forward to the improvement of their members, new and old.
Shaunessy McGowen
Players of the eSports team practicing their Overwatch skills amongst each other.

ESports, or electronic sports, is a fast growing activity among schools and teenagers around. It’s an exciting world for video game fans, but for those who don’t follow such competitions. During the fall season St. Charles High school eSports team plays the video game Overwatch. 

“Me and Coach Messina, we really hope to solidify more broadcasting this year for the team. We would really like to do more streaming and do more broadcasting for our games,” Coach Tori Ramsey explains when asked about any plans for the eSports team this season.

Many kids around the school are unaware of the eSports team, for the group isn’t really talked about among the students. Both Coach Messina and Ramsey hope to be able to change this and draw a bigger audience. The eSports team has their very own YouTube channel where they stream their plays and upload videos of their gaming. 

“We lost a couple people last year because they were seniors, next year I think would be more interesting for teams because we would be losing more people,” sophomore Aaron Baxer states. 

Aaron is one of the returning players for the eSports team. He is hoping to be able to continue playing with this group all through his high school career.

eSports player Aaron Baxter practicing Overwatch. (Shaunessy McGowen)

“I think we have a solid team this year. I really really like the students that we have. We have a lot of freshmen coming in that seem very promising,” Ramsey said

The players on the team range from freshman to senior. For many players this is a year of return for them. It’s exciting to see familiar faces back in action and ready to dominate the game. While newer players are still  learning they still do their best and success at keeping up with players that have experience.

SCHS Esports