Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

A Year Going Swimmingly

With two times the amount of members and two times the amount of talent, the SCHS swim team is ready to start their season.
Madeline Kratzer
Matalyn Basler takes a break after racing back and forth the 50 meter

The difference between the amount of girls on the SCHS swim team and the swim team last year is staggering; it’s two times the size. Even though there are way more girls than last year, they still feel closely bonded and are still each working towards their personal best. The older members of the team also have noticed the benefits of having more swimmers already. 

“We have a lot of girls so it’s easier for us to get more points,” Swim Captain Joey Jackson said.

In addition to obtaining more points during competitions, a surplus of members also means a more relaxed racing experience. This was not the case in former years. 

“Freshman year, it was tiny and everyone had to run multiple races because there were not a lot of people to fill up the other spots,” swim member Emma Duffy said. 

The amount of girls on the team has not disturbed the team’s connection to each other. As Jackson states, the members are “all really close.”

Many of the team members, along with already knowing each other well, have years of experience under their belts (or goggles). 

“Our swimmers are really good this year, we have swimmers like Odessa, Joey, Maddy and Waverly,” Duffy said. 

While there are many seniors on the team, there are also many new members who will replace the loss of seniors next year. 

“We have six seniors and a lot of freshmen, probably the same amount [as the seniors],” Jackson said. 

The swim season is just beginning, and it’s beginning with a splash. The team has the perfect mix  of experienced swimmers and members who want more experience; a mix that might even get the team to the state cup.