Spooktacular Trunk or Treat

Renaissance hosts event on Oct. 23

Hexciting+Trunk+or+Treat+

Melanie

Hexciting Trunk or Treat

by Melanie Mota-Luis, Staff Writer

On Oct. 23, Renaissance held a Trunk or Treat at Null Elementary event aimed towards doing something fun for students with special needs and students in the Early Childhood Center. The Renaissance club was unable to hold their tradition of hosting a Halloween dance due to Covid. 

“We’re inviting students throughout the district that have special needs. We used to do a Halloween dance, but Covid restrictions made us unable to continue that. The students seemed to really enjoy the Trunk or Treat in the years prior,” Renaissance sponsor Denice Freeman said. 

The Renaissance club held the event in the school’s parking lot. The parents drove their kids in costumes and opened their car’s back trunks to allow St. Charles High students to hand out candy to the kids in the cars. 

Freeman hopes that as Covid cases go down, Renaissance can host more events for students to engage with peers and have fun. 

Renaissance’s purpose is to celebrate student’s achievements throughout the school year, like having perfect attendance throughout a semester or having a 3.0 or higher GPA. 

Renaissance is a way for us to recognize students that do the right thing, like having grades higher than a C or having no more than five tardies

— Denice Freeman

“Renaissance is a way for us to recognize students that do the right thing, like having grades higher than a C or having no more than five tardies,” Freeman said. 

The club also provides recognition when the students graduate.

“The students are also recognized at the end of their senior year. Seniors get a medallion to wear at their graduation,” Freeman said.