Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Designers at the Ship

Recent rise in entrepreneurship brings new fashion to SCHS

At school this year there has been a recent uprising of entrepreneurship, specifically in fashion. Nemesis Attire and 1xapparel (One Time Apparel) both are newly created brands made by our very own students. 

With a recent rise in oversized streetwear both Jack Nemens and Byron Miller took this as a creative opportunity.

The Best Balenciaga Looks in Street Style, an article written by Vogue in December of last year photographs many celebrities wearing oversized pieces, and streetwear pieces from the fall 2023 couture. These pieces come from the same motives our entrepreneurs have: fashionability and style. 

I was scrolling on YouTube and one of my favorite YouTubers, he started one [fashion brand]. So I might as well start one.”

— Jack Nemens

“I was scrolling on YouTube and one of my favorite YouTubers, he started one [fashion brand]. So I might as well start one,” said sophomore Jack Nemens, CEO of Nemesis Attire. 

Nemens has his own website, Instagram, and even a photographer for his brand. His photographer, Addi Nemens is a senior and has been in the photography game for awhile.

Jack Nemens wearing his attire
(Addi Nemens )

“I kinda just have to put his plan into action,” said Addi. Her brother’s brand gives her an opportunity to grow her photography skills and really boost the

creativity of her shots.

Jack is currently his own and only primary model, but is looking for more.

“I definitely want to find someone who can like actually model,” Jack said. Nemesis Attire’s first sale was live a few weeks ago, but the site is now closed so he can purchase and ship them out. In his first drop he sold 12 shirts. 

Miller also has various models for his brand. Both Miller and Jack Nemens have taken to social media to primarily promote their products.

Byron Miller wearing his apparel
(Courtesy @shop1xapperal )

”Anthony Norman’s going to be a model,” said Miller, CEO of 1xapperal. Norman is also a senior at SCHS, and was on the basketball team this past winter. The new boost of entrepeneurship has inspired many of the students to be involved in these brands. 

“Definitely some of the hottest clothes out right now, definitely some of the best quality hoodies, he put a lot of time and effort into it,” said freshman Jayvion Phillips, one of Miller’s various models. 1xapparel does not have a drop date, but it is soon.

“We drop in March… March on the way, go shop,” said Miller. Both 1xapperal and Nemisis Attire have more designs on the way to be released at later dates. Look for them on instagram @nemesisattire and @shop1xapparel for brand updates, drops, and other updates.