Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Stop Suicide

SCHS has an assembly about suicide prevention and substance abuse
Art+Deno+speaks+at+the+assembly.+
Melanie Mota-Luis
Art Deno speaks at the assembly.

On April 16, the students of SCHS attended an assembly during their AIP (Academic Interventions Period). The assembly was planned by seniors Ana McAlister and Christopher Kimsey along with Assistant Principal Dr. Patricia Closson. They invited guest speakers from ACPD Austin’s Army and Aspen to provide students with information regarding the topics of suicide and drug and alcohol abuse.

“We thought that the best way to spread this message was to organize assemblies at all the local high schools,” McAlister said. 

Pullquote Photo

We thought that the best way to spread this message was to organize assemblies at all the local high schools.”

— Ana Mc Alister

Mc Alister said planning process was fairly easy. 

“It was really easy planning, it was just a very long project so it a while.”

Kimsey agreed with Mc Alister.

“We met a lot of times, it was a lot of coordination between the schools.”

Both students held meetings with Art Deno, one of the founders of ACPD Austin’s Army, the principals of the local high schools, the mayor, and many others in order to provide this message of awareness. 

“We spoke to Art Deno himself. He was very helpful throughout the process,” Mc Alister said. 

ACPD logo (@ACPD)