Sculpting a New Future

A New Addition to the Art Department

Lillian Barton

Stephanie Albert is the new Art teacher at St. Charles High School.

by Lillian Barton, Staff Writer

Stephanie Albert is the new St. Charles High School art teacher this year. She grew up in St. Charles, Missouri, and attended her elementary years at Lincoln Elementary School and later went to Hardin Middle School. Then she came to SCHS for her freshman and sophomore year, and later moved to North County and graduated from Hazelwood West. 

“I feel happy to be where I am,” Albert said. 

Albert loves art in every way you can think of; her whole life revolves around it. She attended Lindenwood University where she got her BFA (Bachelors in fine Arts) along with being trained for studio art for many years. She loves to work with all fundamentals of art such as paint, drawing, sculpting, clay, fiber arts, knitting/weaving/sewing. Just about any type of art there is, you will catch Albert making it. 

“The things I really enjoy doing are beadwork, sea beads. I worked at a jewelry store for a long time and it just stuck in me,” Albert said. “It’s something that I do, so I collect beads, fix and repair jewelry and make giant, long earrings that you guys get to see at school.” 

Outside of school Albert loves to hangout with her husband and dogs, and of course make all kinds of art. She likes to go to old antique places and look for old kitchen gadgets. While her husband fishes, she likes to look around at the river and collect rocks.