Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Going Around the World

Several groups of students traveled over the oceans for the summer
Going Around the World

Groups of students and teachers traveled to different countries over the summer to get to know the areas, try new things, and experience a whole new culture and way of life than what they’re used to. One group went to Ireland and Scotland, another headed the other way to Japan, and another went to Greece and Italy. The Ireland and Scotland trip was hosted by FACS teachers Daniele Munzer and Elizabeth Laley, and 12 students tagged along with them. 

“Well the last tour we went on, we did Paris and Rome, and I thought Ireland and Scotland would be a really fun place to see,” Munzer said.

Overall, it seems The Highlands was the favorite location across the board.

“I think my favorite thing probably was when we went to The Highlands, the mountainous area in the region of Scotland…” Laley said.

Alexis Davis was a student that went to Greece and Italy with Señora Reese and four other students from St. Charles High. They also brought people that had graduated already, because this trip had been planned all the way back in 2020. 

“Probably the highlands, the highlands were amazingly beautiful.”

— Daniele Munzer

“I enjoyed seeing the different aspects of the culture and then the food and stuff. I’m a big food person so getting to experience the actual food from where it comes from, and seeing the sights and stuff that you obviously wouldn’t see in the middle of St. Charles, Missouri,” Davis said. 

The last trip headed out to Japan, and the sponsor, Alex Messina, brought 11 students and two other adults with him. Messina chose Japan because of the vastly different culture and cuisine, as well as the very strong S.T.E.M. aspects in the country. 

“I’ve been to Europe before, several times, I’ve been to Mexico, I’ve been to Canada, I’ve been to other places. Japan is very far away and I’ve never been there, and it’s such a different culture for me, I thought that’s where I would want to go and it would be the most interesting,” Messina said. “I also thought it being a S.T.E.M. mecca would be a good interest in pulling students in and we had a lot of really good cultural tours that my colleges put on but I don’t feel we have a lot of science representation, so out of the tours that I looked at, that one seemed the most interesting to offer the most variety of new culture and science.”

All in all, it seems like the best thing on every trip was the food.

“I thought the food was fantastic, I am a massive rice person and it’s a rice culture so it’s absolutely wonderful…” Messina said.