Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Empowering Educators

Honoring the women at SCHS who make a difference in our lives each day
Empowering+Educators+
Mackenzie Bufford
Empowering Educators

March marks the beginning of Women’s History Month in America, a time that allows society to celebrate the many contributions women have made to improve the world around them. Women have played roles, challenged norms and paved the way to progress throughout American history, whether it was Susan B. Anthony marching for women’s suffrage or Kathrine Virginia Switzer running in the Boston Marathon. Despite these women being completely different, both women faced their challenges and left a positive impact on society and inspired other women to complete their dreams. 

Women’s History Month also gives us a chance to celebrate the women in our lives who we see on a daily basis, it’s easy to only focus on those we read about in our textbooks. While it’s important to learn about these individuals, Women’s History Month allows us to celebrate our mothers, grandmothers, sisters, friends and teachers. It’s important to learn about the experiences they have had and the insight they can give for the future. 

This Women’s History Month it’s important to celebrate the women at SCHS who lead us, teach us and encourage us.