Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Empowering Educators

Honoring the women at SCHS who make a difference in our lives each day
Empowering+Educators+
Mackenzie Bufford
Empowering Educators

March marks the beginning of Women’s History Month in America, a time that allows society to celebrate the many contributions women have made to improve the world around them. Women have played roles, challenged norms and paved the way to progress throughout American history, whether it was Susan B. Anthony marching for women’s suffrage or Kathrine Virginia Switzer running in the Boston Marathon. Despite these women being completely different, both women faced their challenges and left a positive impact on society and inspired other women to complete their dreams. 

Women’s History Month also gives us a chance to celebrate the women in our lives who we see on a daily basis, it’s easy to only focus on those we read about in our textbooks. While it’s important to learn about these individuals, Women’s History Month allows us to celebrate our mothers, grandmothers, sisters, friends and teachers. It’s important to learn about the experiences they have had and the insight they can give for the future. 

This Women’s History Month it’s important to celebrate the women at SCHS who lead us, teach us and encourage us.