Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Haunted Homecoming

Photos through the fun weekend

Journey through the thrill-filled weekend of the Haunted Homecoming! In case you missed such a frightening good time, take a look at these two fun-filled days through photos to remember such a spooktacular time!

• 23′-24′ Homecoming Court play a game of musical chairs amongst each other.

• Chris Cortes-Lopez gives a smile as he loses in musical chairs.

• The crowd goes wild. The Sophomore crowd gets excited during the Homecoming assembly.

• Christian Gustafson cheers as his teammate wraps fellow classmate for the mummy wrap against the other school grades.

• (Left to right) Grace Basler and Maria Linhoff put their foot down during a game of Ships and Sailors at the Homecoming assembly.

• The SCHS Cheerleaders get the crowd hyped up with the original pirates chant.

• Pirates Float for the 23′-24′ Homecoming parade sails its way down the street for all to see.

• Homecoming King (Mark Schaub) and Homecoming Queen (Ellie Gibbs) ride along the homecoming parade passing candy to the kids.

• Homecoming Queen Ellie Gibbs and Homecoming King Mark Schaub make their way into the dance for a fun time.

• Junior Homecoming court Emma Duffy and Brady Reed enter arm in arm to the dance to die for.

• (Left to right) Rose Van-Berkum, Junior HoCo Court Hannah Blair and Gillian Phillips pose for a photo together amongst the crowd

• Hands in the air like we just don’t care! Everyone parties till they drop dead!

• Lights go down and the music goes up. Let’s get this party started!