Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

A Whole New World

Two senior basketball players transfer to the team

The boys basketball team gained two transfer students this season, and the team has enjoyed having them join. The team last year had all boys that spent their entire lives in the St. Charles School District, so going from none to two transfers was a big change for the team.

“Well it’s been different, we came off last year’s team, all ‘homegrown’ guys as you might call them, a lot of really experienced seniors last year. We had a really cohesive group last year, really close, good system, played here a long time, last year was kinda easy,” Head Coach Rick Foster said.

Anthony Norman, a senior from Francis Howell Central, is one of the new players. Norman went to school in the St. Charles School District from kindergarten to middle school, so joining a team full of people he knew already made the transition a little easier. He’s adapted well to the new team.

“The relationship between all the boys on the team [is my favorite], everyone is close on and off the court,” Norman said.

The other transfer, Lakeith Davis Jr., is a senior from Pattonville. He is learning the ways of the team slowly, and also enjoys how welcoming the team was to him when he joined.

“Everyone was welcoming the first time I came to practice, everybody spoke to me,” Davis said.

Because the two are seniors, becoming the oldest immediately was a change that needed a little adapting. 

“It was kind of new getting to become a leader because I’m a senior on the team, and gaining everyone’s trust,” Norman said.

Despite the changes, Coach Foster believes that within the next few months, the two will fully adapt to how things are run at St. Charles High and become a valuable asset to the team.

“It’s still an ongoing process, it’s gonna take another month or so, at least, for them to get comfortable in our system, and learn everything that we do and how we do things, so it’s been a challenge,” Coach Foster said. “They are talented, two very talented seniors, two talented kids, they just need to get adjusted, and it’s gonna take awhile, but I think it’ll be pretty good.”