Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Young and Mighty

The girls wrestling team is young and aiming success
Courtesy of SCHS activities
2023-2024 varsity wresting photos

This year the SCHS girls varsity wrestling team has a total of 19 girls, 16 are underclassmen and three are seniors. Most of the new wrestlers have no experience and participate in varsity and JV events.

Some have had a little experience from the wrestling camps we host in the summer and they have had other family members wrestle before, but no actual wrestling experience from the new wrestlers,” Coach Ryan Hanmore said. 

Despite the lack of experience competing freshman Lamia Linson is a freshman and participates mostly in varsity events. 

“I’ve done a lot of camps and I was kind of raised around wrestling because my dad used to be a coach. It’s not my first time ever wrestling, but it’s my first time competing,” Linson added. 

State would probably definitely be my goal, but last year I didn’t have a successful year, so I’m just trying to win matches this year

— Muryn Wallace

While Lamia’s goal is to get stronger, others have the goal of going to state. 

“State would probably definitely be my goal, but last year I didn’t have a successful year, so I’m just trying to win matches this year,” sophomore Muryn Wallace said. 

Getting to state is very difficult because of all the teams and players in a district. 

“We hope to qualify as many as we can for state. To qualify, the wrestler has to finish in the top 4 at their weight class in our district. There are 34 teams in our district, so it makes it very difficult to qualify, but I think we will be able to qualify a handful of wrestlers,” Hanmore added.