Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Young and Mighty

The girls wrestling team is young and aiming success
Courtesy of SCHS activities
2023-2024 varsity wresting photos

This year the SCHS girls varsity wrestling team has a total of 19 girls, 16 are underclassmen and three are seniors. Most of the new wrestlers have no experience and participate in varsity and JV events.

Some have had a little experience from the wrestling camps we host in the summer and they have had other family members wrestle before, but no actual wrestling experience from the new wrestlers,” Coach Ryan Hanmore said. 

Despite the lack of experience competing freshman Lamia Linson is a freshman and participates mostly in varsity events. 

“I’ve done a lot of camps and I was kind of raised around wrestling because my dad used to be a coach. It’s not my first time ever wrestling, but it’s my first time competing,” Linson added. 

State would probably definitely be my goal, but last year I didn’t have a successful year, so I’m just trying to win matches this year

— Muryn Wallace

While Lamia’s goal is to get stronger, others have the goal of going to state. 

“State would probably definitely be my goal, but last year I didn’t have a successful year, so I’m just trying to win matches this year,” sophomore Muryn Wallace said. 

Getting to state is very difficult because of all the teams and players in a district. 

“We hope to qualify as many as we can for state. To qualify, the wrestler has to finish in the top 4 at their weight class in our district. There are 34 teams in our district, so it makes it very difficult to qualify, but I think we will be able to qualify a handful of wrestlers,” Hanmore added.