Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Fresh Out of the Oven

Chase Nagel competes at national baking contest
Chase+Nagel+at+the+final+FCCLA+competition.+
Chase Nagel at the final FCCLA competition.

Chase Nagel took eighth in the national FCCLA Baking and Pastry Star Event: Level Three. Over the summer Nagel participated in the competition from July 1-6 in Denver, Colorado. With all levels of the competition, she prepared for eight months. 

FCCLA (Family Career and Community Leaders of America) is a club at many high schools across the nation for students interested in Family And Consumer Science (FACS). 

“She’s been in FCCLA , I think her entire high school career,” Laley said.  

Elizabeth Laley and Daniele Munzer are teachers and sponsors of the FCCLA club here at SCHS. 

“Munzer and Laley gave me full support and helped me with everything. My family and friends who worked as taste testers and critics were also a huge help,” Nagel Said.

“Munzer and Laley gave me full support and helped me with everything. My family and friends who worked as taste testers and critics were also a huge help,”

— Chase Nagel

Chase Nagel and other finalists after the Competition.

Nagel is an extremely talented baker and has a great work ethic. Nagel is not going to culinary school and does not want to make a career out of baking, but is in the contest to have fun and plans to join again this year. 

“Knowing Chase, I knew from, ya know, when she decided to compete that she would probably be going all the way,” Munzer said.