Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Emma Langstadt
Emma Langstadt
Staff Writer

Emma Langstadt is a freshman at St. Charles High. This is her first year on the newspaper staff after she was in Journalism during first semester. She is a Student Council class officer and is also participating...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

A Very Dairy StuCo Evening

To meet with fellow Student Council members and possibly new ones, StuCo hosted a social..and brought ice cream! It’s really a cream come true.
courtesy @schs.stuco
StuCo advertisement for ice cream social

To start off the year, the Student Council is trying a new, balanced diet… it consists of having an ice cream in one hand and a spoon in the other. On the sunny evening of Aug. 18, StuCo decided to host an ice cream social, where they met with recurring and possibly new members. 

The goal was to try to get new people to come and show up.

— StuCo Sponsor Melissa Kohr

“The goal was to try to get new people to come and show up,” StuCo sponsor Melissa Kohr said, “and to get people who were already somewhat involved in StuCo to meet again and kick off the school year.”

The event was a tasty success, as the ice cream and promises of an interesting and proactive club drew in new members. 

“We were told to bring any people that we knew that might be interested,” StuCo junior vice president Dani Nalepa said.

Not only were new members introduced, but the StuCo ice cream event also served as an agenda day for StuCo members.

This poll has ended.

What Form of Ice cream is the Best?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

“We pivoted to things we need to do as well and making sure that we’re all organized and getting situated on that,” StuCo president, junior, Noah Nordmann said. 

The ice cream served at the event was novelty ice cream, including ice cream sandwiches, Oreo ice cream, Kitkat ice cream, dip cones and chocolate ice cream bars. One could feel envious of the colorful and delicious event StuCo hosted, but hey, that might just be the Neopolitan Complex speaking.