Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

My Jersey Your Impact

The second annual My Jersey Your Impact took place on Oct. 20

On Friday, Oct. 20, the Pirates took on the Grizzlies at the North Point stadium honoring SCHS teachers with their second annual “My Jersey Your Impact”. This year every senior picked one teacher they felt had impacted them throughout their high school careers. 

“We all can play a big role in the students’ lives here.. Knowing that you’re a senior it has more meaning because you really want to see who’s really been your role model,” said teacher and coach Cameron Johnson-Taylor. 

We all can play a big role in the students’ lives here.. Knowing that you’re a senior it has more meaning because you really want to see who’s really been your role model,

— Teacher and coach Cameron Johnson-Taylor

Each of the seniors picked a teacher for reasons personal to them, that helped them during their four years of high school.

Senior Bobby Hayes chose teacher Sadie Kosciuk. “She’s always there with us… trying to motivate us, make us better everyday,” he said.  

Miss/Coach ‘K’ is the Head Varsity Volleyball Coach and one of the former weight trainers. The football team was in the weight room throughout all seasons last year.

“Since doing weights in the spring a lot of the seniors I had a good connection with” Kosciuk said. “Bobby was one of the leaders I leaned to to really help run stuff.”

• Senior Seth Richards with Christina Pupillo

• teacher David Forbes with senior Byron Miller

• Teacher Mike Freeman with student Max Jackson

• Will Snodgrass with teacher Emily Russell

• Senior Jeremiah Smith with teacher Andrew Lawrence

• Teacher Sadie Kosciuk with senior Bobby Hayes

• Jason Rowe with coach Cameron Johnson-Taylor

• Chris Vogt with Teacher Lauren Hippie

• Football seniors with honored teachers