Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

StuCo Goes Gold

St. Charles High School Student Council became a Gold Honor Council at the state convention in March
Skye Reichert
Student Council members before heading to the state convention.

Last month St. Charles High’s Student Council went to the State Convention in Carthage,  MO, and became a Gold Honor Council for MASC for the first time in 26 years. Student Council has put in a lot of hard work to receive this award. 

We had to make a slideshow and present it to Dr. Happel, our principal, so he could sign off on it. In that slide show we had to list all of the activities, conferences, everything we did over the school year. We had to go through a whole application process and check all of these boxes that asked about our community service project or what we did for organizations such as the Special Olympics,” StuCo Vice President Hope Day Said.

Hope Day on stage holding the Gold Honor Council award. (Skye Reichert )

St. Charles Student Council didn’t just become a Gold Honor council through MASC but through NASC too. 

“We have two different awards as a Student Council. We are a part of MASC which is the Missouri Association of Student Council and the National Association of Student Council and so this year for the first time our student council actually won both of these awards,” adviser Reichert added.

Everyone was very happy with their achievements. 

“We were really proud of ourselves because we’ve been working all year doing the adequate amount of fundraisers and volunteer work as well as making sure that we obtain all of these steps in order to get this award,” junior class president Dani Nalepa said.

It is the highest award that you can achieve as a council.

— Hope Day