Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Snowcoming 2024: Cupid Shuffle

Feb. 17 Pirates have a Cupid Shuffle to celebrate the winter seasons with love

Saturday, Feb. 17 SCHS will be hosting its annual winter formal AKA ‘Snowco’. The theme for this year’s dance is the Cupid Shuffle due to it following Valentine’s day on Wednesday. All throughout the week the students have been participating in a Spirit Week: 

2024 Snoco Spirit Days (Ellie Gibbs)

Tickets were on sale Feb. 12- 15 before and after school outside the auditorium for $10 each. Visitor dance forms were due on Feb. 14 and visitor tickets are the same price. 

There have been many new promotional advertisements to get the students excited and ready for the dance. 

“We have an official PR committee that was implemented this year, and Ellie is really committed to getting the word out there about all of our events,”  Junior dance committee member Dani Nalepa said. Some of the SCHS students purchased their tickets online through MySchoolbucks  for $8 as pre-sale, doing this you also got to request the music played at the dance.

Amongst the other promotions there has also been a Snow-co promposal competition going on for a chance to win first, second, or third place. First place receives a free galley sweatshirt, second place wins free smoothies for a month, and third will get free galley cookies for a week.

Snowcoming Promposal Contest (Ellie Gibbs)

Due to the inclement weather and AMI day on Friday, there was no assembly but the dance will continue as planned.

Saturday morning STUCO will be on campus decorating from 6:30 a.m. on and invites anyone who wants to help to come up and join them. 

“That’s always the hardest part, getting people either in council or even students that aren’t in council helping out to do that and actually participating and getting there,” said STUCO sponsor, Skye Reichert.

Getting the student body to understand if you want things to look great…if you’re helping out that makes it a lot easier to do.”

— Skye Reichert

If anyone is interested in helping out or wants to eventually become a part of STUCO, reach out to Mrs. Reichert, Mrs. Kohr, or anyone on STUCO , or feel free to join them at any of their club meetings. 

The Cupid Shuffle will be hosted in the cafeteria upon requests of the STUCO seniors. 

“ We want to try it out in the cafeteria, not for homecoming or anything… It might be easier to decorate and have better space,” junior head of the dance committee, Hope Day said.

There has been much planning going into the formal dance in high hopes to have a big turnout for it. “We have some new things that we are bringing to the dance such as our inflatable photo booth, that’s gonna be a tester.. If it goes out well we can use it for every single dance and decorate it,” said Hope Day. 

Come on out to the Cupid shuffle on Saturday if you’re interested! The STUCO has many trial runs going on with possible games, booths, and snacks consisting of water, pink lemonade, and cookies!