Student of the Month
  • Rose Van Berkum, Colleen Ney, Alex Neubauer, Peyton Hess, Talan Mathus, Crystal Roeper Makriako, Grace Basler, Connor Murray, Natasha Jones, Kamiah Drones, Braylen Ballard, James Perkins, Tyley Palmer, Gabriel Lopez, Stevie Myers, Lamia Linson.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Goal Oriented

Conner Bayliss plays for a semi-professional soccer team in St. Louis
Courtesy of Jane Mulitsch
Conner Bayliss plays for St. Louis City Academy.

Conner Bayliss started playing soccer when he was only 5 years old and has played ever since.  He started playing on the St. Charles High varsity soccer team his freshman year. 

“I played my freshman year and I did really well and that resulted in me playing my sophomore year and deciding not to play for the High team, but for St. Louis City instead,” Bayliss said.

He enjoys playing for the city soccer team, but definitely misses the school’s varsity team.

I miss playing with my friends and being around the people, and kind of being a leader as well

— Conner Bayliss

“I miss playing with my friends and being around the people, and kind of being a leader as well,” Bayliss added. 

Despite missing the SCHS team, he loves the opportunities provided with the City team. 

“I travel a lot, so last year we traveled all around the United States. We went to Florida and Palm Springs, California. We went to places like Austin and Dallas and multiple occasions in cities for just one or two games,” Bayliss said.

As for the future, he would like to play professionally. 

“It’s one of my aspirations, I plan on going to college for soccer, I plan to see what my future holds behind soccer and getting a degree as well,” Bayliss said.