Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

Code of Conduct Changes

New rules added to conduct regarding vaping and hats and hoods.
Code of Conduct Changes

Hats and hoods have been moved to being in alignment with the dress code, and students have been pleased with the new rules in the code of conduct.

“I don’t have to do my hair anymore, it took a chunk of my morning,” sophomore Hunter Broad said.

“I don’t have to do my hair anymore, it took a chunk of my morning,”

— Hunter Broad

But as this is a privilege, Principal Ted Happel reminds students in their class meetings that teachers may request that students take the hat off if they deem it inappropriate, or if a test is being taken. As the dress code loosens up, the administration is cracking down on vaping on campus. 

With the rise of vaping across the nation, SCHS seems to be highly affected. In the sophomore class meeting on Aug. 29, Happel said that vape detectors will be added into the bathrooms as soon as possible, the detectors will be listening for loud noises, code words, and scanning the air for nicotine and THC pen chemicals.

Dr. Patricia Closson, Vice Principal describes the vape detectors as “An Alexa or Siri function…It’s always there in the abyss listening.” 

The detectors alert select staff in the building when they are triggered and will be added within the last few weeks.