A Teacher has Returned

A recent addition to the business department

by Cadence Halliday, Copy Editor

A Lindenwood University graduate has joined the staff of St. Charles High School. Wendy Kirchhofer is officially a teacher in the business department. She currently runs FBLA due to her skills in business. 

“I went to Duchesne High School and graduated from Lindenwood University with my BA, MBA and Teaching,” Kirchhofer said.

She is really good at connecting with students on a more emotional level.

— Edward Page

Kirchhofer was here for the fall semester in 2019 as a student teacher for Judith Simmons. The first semester she was in the LindenTeach Program.

“I spent almost a full year with her before knowing this position was open,” Simmons said. 

Simmons was the first one to contact her about the open position in the business department. She believes she’s the perfect fit for the job. Spending a full year together they both learned from each other and grew to be friends. Not only is she connecting with teachers, but she is also connecting with her students.

She is really good at connecting with students on a more emotional level,” senior Edward Page said. “With the emotional connection that she creates with students it gives that comfortability to be in the classroom and not wonder ‘What is this teacher doing’ you know?” 

She is good at explaining directions to the class.

— Jadyn Sanford

With the environment she fabricated, students are relaxed in her classroom and comfortable. 

“I enjoy Business Applications with her because it’s really laid back and we just kind of get our own assignments and do them so we have our own freetime,” senior Jadyn Sanford said. “She is good at explaining directions to the class.”

As the years go on she will start to learn how she wants her environment to be and how to accomplish those goals. This isn’t her first teaching job though.

“I taught in Winfield and I was a long term sub at Francis Howell Central,” Kirchhofer said. “I student taught here three years ago, and getting the position here was like I was coming back to where I belong.”

Kirchhofer is excited to be back where she calls home. She has created connections with teachers and students. Her being able to connect with so many different age groups is a gift.

“I love it here so far, I think it’s a great fit. What I really like are the students, teachers and my peers,” Kirchhofer said. “I enjoy the classes I teach as well.”

Teachers and students alike both agree upon the fact she does belong here. She completes the business department.

I student taught here three years ago, and getting the position here was like I was coming back to where I belong.

— Wendy Kirchhofer