EOC/AP Testing

Students are preparing for the major tests of the year

EOC/AP Testing

Cadence Halliday

SCHS EOC/AP Testing

by Cadence Halliday, Staff Writer

EOC/AP testing happens every year at St. Charles High during the end of the school year. This year EOC testing starts April 26 and AP testing starts May 2. The tests are an important part of graduating high school.

“I deal with stress by being by myself, the testing is not the end of the world,” freshman Abigail March said.

I deal with stress by being by myself, the testing is not the end of the world

— Abigail March

Every student has their own way of coping with stress and has their own opinions about these major tests towards the end of the year.

“I don’t get easily stressed, but I always get choked up on tests because I get nervous halfway through tests,” junior Hannah LaBonde said. “If I could give my 10-year-old self advice I would tell them not to worry about it as much because you’re gonna pass anyway.”

The EOC/AP tests are hard to fail if students paid attention in class. If the students didn’t pay attention in class it is a lot more likely that they will fail. 

“I get easily stressed and I kinda choke up on tests,” junior Kadyn Nemechek said. “I think I choke up on tests because I get easily distracted. I am nervous about the tests because I know I’m going to get the pressure.”

I think I choke up on tests because I get easily distracted. I am nervous about the tests because I know I’m going to get the pressure

— Kadyn Nemechek

Due to the fact that the EOC tests are mandated to pass, most students will feel the pressure of needing to pass in order to graduate on time. Most students do not want to be held back.

“I get easily stressed and choke up on tests because it’s nerves I guess,” sophomore Audrey Sedillo said. “I’m not excited for the tests because school is very stressful and they don’t prepare you as much. I color to help pass the stress.”

Students all have different triggers that turn the stress on. But the thing about stress is it messes with your head and causes you to click the wrong answers or not read the questions correctly. Stress is a major reason why students are worried about taking the tests. 

“I extremely get stressed, it’s like in a jiffy,” junior Jaylynn LeBeau said while flicking her fingers. “I think I get easily stressed because I think about the possibilities and the chances of what if I fail or what if I do this wrong. It’s all negative. I never get to think about the positives which stress me out.”

LeBeau said that she likes to get over her stress by working out, stretching and eating healthy. She also said if she could give her 10 year old self advice it would be not to let anyone put you down. 

“When people try to bring you down, ignore it because whenever you’re in college or out of high school none of them are going to matter,” LeBeau said. 

When people try to bring you down, ignore it because whenever you’re in college or out of high school none of them are going to matter

— Jaylynn LeBeau

Juniors Kadyn Nemechek and Jaylynn LeBeau have similar opinions about other students at high school.

“Don’t trip over grades, they don’t define anything and mainly you can do anything with your life and you don’t need a highschool diploma. Students should try their hardest on tests,” Nemechek said.