What it’s like being quarantined

Opinion of the students sent home to quarantine for 14 days at St. Charles High School

by Cadence Halliday, Staff Writer

Kids at St.Charles High School are being sent home to quarantine for 2 weeks because they have been in contact with someone infected by COVID. Some are getting tested and others are not. Not all students have to get tested for COVID before returning home, only a selected few who are showing symptoms or were near the infected person.

“I got tested, it came back negative. It made me feel relieved,” sophomore Austin Ave Lallemant said.

Some students like being sent home to quarantine, but there’s some downfalls because of this.

Yes I like being sent home except for the times I can just fall asleep whenever I want, I’ve missed a few classes because of this

— Austin Ave Lallemant

Yes I like being sent home except for the times I can just fall asleep whenever I want, I’ve missed a few classes because of this,” Ave Lallemant said.

The students’ opinions vary in many ways. Some students can learn virtually, but some kids are having a harder time understanding their work. Some students like being sent home, but also don’t like it because they can’t learn virtually.

“Yes because online is a lot better. No because, I don’t get to see my friends and I am an in-person learner, not a virtual learner,” sophomore Katrina Wilfong said.

St. Charles High School is preparing for the possibility of going all virtual to assist with the staffing problems through St. Charles’s district. 

“It can be boring doing your work online for school for two weeks or more because we can’t do anything,” sophomore Hannah La Bonde said. 

Sophomore La Bonde and Wilfong did not get tested for COVID, but Ave Lallemant did. 

My favorite part about being quarantined was that I didn’t have to get up so early to get on the bus

— Hannah La Bonde

“My favorite part about being quarantined was that I didn’t have to get up so early to get on the bus,” La Bonde said.