Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Yes we CAN

The Thanksgiving canned food drive, and what SCHS is thankful for
Yes we CAN

Over the course of the past few weeks, StuCo hosted the annual Turkey Drive, which collects canned goods from both St. Charles High and St. Charles West. The schools compete to gather the most cans, and it was announced at the Turkey Tip Off on Tuesday Nov. 21. 

“So for the canned food drive, it’s a competition against West, and after we get all the cans, we take the cans and then StuCo as a whole finds places to donate them to,” StuCo member Hope Day said. “We don’t have to donate it to one place either, we can donate it to multiple places, but after we collect all of our canned food, we see who won against West and us. After we do that, we gather all the cans and decide who to give them to.”

Along with the efforts to win against West, classes and staff also compete to gather the most cans.

“Each class has their own separate place to put the cans and it’s a test to see which class has the most, and whatever class or staff has the most they get an incentive, like a party or something,” Day said.

Out of the competitions, SCHS won against West for the competition, which striked up the Thanksgiving spirit. Several people expressed their thankfulness for several things in their lives.

“I’m thankful for food, and TV,” Senior Alec Johnson said.

I’m thankful for my family, and all my friends

— Elijah Case

Along with being excited for Thanksgiving, lots were more focused on getting past Thanksgiving to the next holiday.

“I’m thankful and excited for the Christmas season,” Junior Emily Johannes said.

People also expressed thanks for other things.

“I’m thankful for my health, and my job, and I’m thankful for you guys,” Librarian Jane Mulitsch said.