Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Shaunessy McGowen
Shaunessy McGowen
Social Media Co-Manager

Shaunessy (Shaun) McGowen is a senior at St. Charles High School. Shaun spends most of her time listening to music and you can most likely catch her with a pair of earphones. She does crew in Theatre every...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Violet Lewis
Violet Lewis
Staff Writer

Violet Lewis is a sophomore at St. Charles High School. This is her first year on newspaper, but she has previous experience in journalism classes here at SCHS. Taking Journalism last year opened the opportunities...

The Future of Athletes Takes Shape

Students sign to colleges, securing their future in athletics
The Future of Athletes Takes Shape
Mackenzie Bufford
The Future of Athletes Takes Shape

For athletes, signing to a college is a monumental experience. Many athletes look forward to the day, at the end of their high school athletic career, when they can sign the National Letter of Intent. This document binds them to the college they are playing for. This event signifies their commitment to their college of choice. It’s an amazing opportunity for students to celebrate their decision. 

Here at St. Charles High, Nate Maples and Carter Dorlaque were amongst these high school students that were able to commit to colleges and celebrate their success with their families and coaches. 

The campus is so pretty, it’s Colorado Springs, it’s an awesome area.

— Nate Maples

Nate is incredibly self-motivated. He is the one athlete that will never ever miss practice and will always do the little things even when a coach is not there to watch him. He is a great team leader and a true student of the sport.

— Paul Wright

Carter Dorlaque at signing day (Courtesy of SCHS Activities )

Their program [was appealing], a bunch of boys said coach Kelly was a good coach.

— Carter Dorlaque

He’s our leader…how he goes we go. He’s usually one of our most vocal guys and he raises the energy every single day.

— Brad Bichel