Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Melanie Mota-Luis
Melanie Mota-Luis
Staff Writer

Melanie Mota-Luis is a senior at St. Charles High School. When Melanie obtains some free time, she likes to walk to her best friend's home. She loves listening to 80s music, especially her favorite band...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

Mackenzie Bufford
Mackenzie Bufford
Staff Writer

Mackenzie Bufford is a senior at St. Charles High. She has been on the newspaper staff for two years. She is also an active participant in the school's DECA program for the past two years and this year...

The Future of Athletes Takes Shape

Students sign to colleges, securing their future in athletics
The Future of Athletes Takes Shape
Mackenzie Bufford
The Future of Athletes Takes Shape

For athletes, signing to a college is a monumental experience. Many athletes look forward to the day, at the end of their high school athletic career, when they can sign the National Letter of Intent. This document binds them to the college they are playing for. This event signifies their commitment to their college of choice. It’s an amazing opportunity for students to celebrate their decision. 

Here at St. Charles High, Nate Maples and Carter Dorlaque were amongst these high school students that were able to commit to colleges and celebrate their success with their families and coaches. 

The campus is so pretty, it’s Colorado Springs, it’s an awesome area.

— Nate Maples

Nate is incredibly self-motivated. He is the one athlete that will never ever miss practice and will always do the little things even when a coach is not there to watch him. He is a great team leader and a true student of the sport.

— Paul Wright

Carter Dorlaque at signing day (Courtesy of SCHS Activities )

Their program [was appealing], a bunch of boys said coach Kelly was a good coach.

— Carter Dorlaque

He’s our leader…how he goes we go. He’s usually one of our most vocal guys and he raises the energy every single day.

— Brad Bichel