Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Piper Ruebling
Piper Ruebling
Editor-in-Chief

Piper the Great is a senior at St Charles High, and is on her third and final year on the Newspaper staff. She enjoys the color purple, dragons, red pandas, and raccoons. She loves a good horror story,...

District Dreams

The SCHS boys soccer team went to Districts, and fell 4-0 in the final game against Orchard Farm
District+Dreams

We honestly pretty much dominated the whole game.”

— Lucas Skeen

This year the boys varsity soccer team went to the District Championship game. They lost against Orchard Farm in the final game, but beat St. Charles West for the third and final time in the semifinals.

“We beat St. Charles West in the first game 5-0, and we beat St. Charles West in the second game 2-0,” Coach Todd Rakonick said prior to the semi-final game.

Rakonick was confident they would beat St. Charles West a third time with full team effort. The team went into the semi-final game confident, it was the third game they played against St. Charles West this season.

“We definitely learned their style of play, and figured out how to combat that,” senior Connor Russell said. 

This made the semifinal game much easier for the Varsity soccer team, they left the game proud. 

“We honestly pretty much dominated the whole game. After the first 20 minutes we pretty much possessed the ball for the rest of the game,” freshman goalie Lucas Skeen added.

The team was disappointed they didn’t win the final game, but very grateful for their coach’s help in making it this far into districts.

“Our coach gave us support and encouragement throughout the season, and made sure we had fun at every game,” Russell added. 

• Wesley McClellan, Lucas Skeen, and Jude Archie get ready for a game.

• Connor Russell runs towards the goal to help make a score.

• Connor Russell gets control of the ball.

• Jude Archie and Wesley McClellan take a quick time out from the game.

• Chris Cortes-Lopez blocks opposing team member and gains control of the ball.

• Ethan Mercurio attempts to steal the ball from opposing team member.