Student of the Month
  • Ethan Kimsey, Taylor Souders, Jadon Salamone, Madison Cox, Lauren Murphy, Hailey Waddy, Mark Schaub, Chase Nagel, Mukhil Kumar, Ryan Cofield, Renata Restrepo, Kayin Humphreys, Sofia Everett, Ella Nottmeyer, Tola Messner, Blake Hort.
The student news source of St. Charles High School

Staff Profile
Madeline Kratzer
Madeline Kratzer
Copy Editor

Madeline (Maddie) Kratzer is a senior who has pledged herself to the St. Charles High Newspaper cause for three years in a row. Maddie likes a warm, humid climate full of rocks to bask on and the occasional...

Sammy Pogue
Sammy Pogue
Staff Writer

Sammy has always loved to learn new things and get more skills of writing, one of the main reason she joined newspaper. Over the years of growing up Sammy has realized that by writing stories about the...

Lana Usery
Lana Usery
Social Media Manager

Lana Usery is a sophomore at St. Charles High School, and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She loves reading, writing, and listening to music. She is currently on the Danceline, FBLA and...

Disney Dazzle

The Orchestra plays for young students in hopes of getting them interested in the music program
Mackenzie Bufford
The skeleton, Bobby Bones holds guitar.

On Oct. 17, the Orchestra played for elementary schools all over the district. They played Creepers in the Castle. Remember Me, A Little Mermaid Medley, The Mandalorian Theme, We Don’t Talk About Bruno and Thriller by Micheal Jackson.

Chase Kluesner helps child hold and play the guitar. (Mackenzie Bufford)

Getting children interested in music early is very important. Not only will it help them develop their skills in music, but it can also help them develop skills that they need to be successful in the real world. Doing performances like these can interest children into pursuing music. It also gives them an end goal of what they can do if they stick with music.

“At a young age, if they appreciate it then when they do start to play these instruments later on, it motivates them to keep going even farther than just playing for two years,” said Orchestra director Amanda Davis.

Amanda Davis directs Orchestra. (Mackenzie Bufford)

Starting at a young age can also make it easier for children to grasp the concept of music. Developing a skill early on in childhood can make it easier for someone to excel at it.

“The younger you start the easier it is to get into it, just like learning a language, it’s easier for you to retain and learn how to play if you start young and you do it regularly,” said Orchestra member Reagan Schneider.

Not only does it interest the children who are watching the performance, it also interests the members of the Orchestra who are playing. Many of them enjoy being up on stage and getting to show off their skills and getting to show off how much they have grown over the years.

“[I enjoy] just being up there playing music, I love performing,” said Orchestra member Chase Kluesner.

Odessa Burlis and Reagan Reagan Schneider play the violin. (Mackenzie Bufford)

A big reason why children should start at a young age is because it can give them a purpose. It can give them something to be proud and passionate about. Many of the Orchestra members feel this way. A lot of them are proud of what they have accomplished the past few years they have been playing, and they are excited to show it off to people who want to see them play and are interested in what they can do.

“It’s something that’s yours, that you belong to,” said Kluesner.