The student news site of St. Charles High School

Arena Day

Counselor  Katie Schweitzer informs students about arena day during lunch.

Counselor Katie Schweitzer informs students about arena day during lunch.

Alexa Chairs

Alexa Chairs

by Alexa Chairs, Staff Writer

What is Arena Day?

Every year St. Charles High School has a day that they call Arena Day. This day will be hosted on April 21 and, it’s the day that students sign up for their classes next year. This day is designed to help not only counselors with schedule set ups, but to help students take on the responsibilities they will encounter at the collegiate level when they sign up for classes.

What will happen on this day?

On this day, students will arrive at their first block class as they wait patiently to be dismissed by grade. Since seniors won’t return next year, they will spend this day on their senior field trip to Six Flags. Each grade will be given a wristband that will help teachers identify what grade students are in. Juniors will wear green, sophomores will wear yellow, freshman will wear red, and any seniors not attending the field trip will wear blue. Juniors, sophomores and freshmen will be separated into three different stations, and will rotate throughout the day. Juniors will start off in the gym, sophomores in the auditorium, and freshman will be on the field. The order is based off of grade. Juniors get first pick on schedules, sophomores get to go second, and freshman go last.

Gym:

The gym is where students will organize and sign up for their classes. Students will be placed in groups based on their attendance. All students will be held in what is called the holding pen. This is the area where students wait to sign up for their schedules. The group with the best attendance will get to go first, next will be the group with the second best attendance, and so forth. When a group is called, they will receive the paper they filled out earlier in the semester. Teachers will be spread out at tables across the gym. The teachers and tables will be arranged by the subject they teach. Students will then go table to table waiting in line to get a signature and approval for the class they want. When students are finished getting signatures and approval with all their classes, they will go to the checkout table to get a final signature. Students will then return to the holding pin where they wait patiently until all students are done.

Auditorium:

The auditorium is the station students will be placed before the gym station. In the auditorium, they will watch a movie of choice. No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium. Students will wait patiently and relax until it is time to switch stations.

Stadium:

The third station is called stadium this is outside on the stadium where students will participate in field day. Here, students will be allowed to play games, relax, and enjoy the day while waiting to switch stations. Students may not leave the stadium until it is time for grade levels rotate. Students must use the restroom provided in the stadium. There will be activities like soccer, football, frisbee, kickball, etc. The galley will be opening up the outside concession stand to provide food and drinks for students. The following will be provided: hot dogs, candy bars, chips, soda, and possibly Chick-fil a sandwiches.

Seniors:

Seniors will be attending their senior field trip to Six Flags on this day. Seniors will be placed in the cafeteria the buses arrive. Buses are expected to leave for Six Flags around 9:00 a.m., and should arrive back at the school around 4:30 p.m. Seniors must provide money for lunch, and may not leave six flags with any other transportation.

Lunch:

At 11 a.m. the entire school will take a lunch break. Lunch will take place in your first block class. Teachers will send two students to the cafeteria to pick up the lunches students ordered for their class. At 11:30 a.m. teachers will go back to their location they were last at, and students will listen for an announcement to be sent to their next station.

• Arena Day

Archive

Hard Work Pays Off

• Arena Day

Archive

On a Mission For Tacos

• Arena Day

Archive

CPR for Seniors

• Archive

Finals Exemption Fiesta

• Archive

Mr. SCHS Competition

• Archive

Spring Musical

• Archive

The Fire Isn’t Dire

• Archive

Saint Charles Goes to State

• Archive

Favorite Out-of-Town Teams

• Arena Day

Archive

Fast-Acting Teen Saves Fellow Classmate

Arena Day