The student news site of St. Charles High School

Favorite Out-of-Town Teams

Being from St. Louis, it is sort of required to adore and worship the Blues and the Cardinals because they are the hometown teams. For some sports fans, they just go with it. Others find the teams a little unappealing, they break the rules and find other teams that they enjoy watching. I, myself, am one of those fans. An avid hockey fan for about six months now (sad), the Blues playing style has not really interested me. I wanted to find a team with the playing style I enjoy viewing. A team I found is the New York Islanders, who move the puck around quickly and play with speed and control. With my dad being a Blues fan since he knew how to spell hockey, that was weird for him to hear. But hey, nobody is a perfect St. Louisan. We all have our faults. So I decided to venture around the depths SCHS and find those select few who like teams outside of St. Louis, whether the sport be hockey, baseball, basketball, etc. The results were interesting, to say the least.

by Eric Myers, Editor in Chief

Courtesy of the Chicago White Sox
“One side of my family is from Chicago, so I am a big Blackhawks and White Sox fan. I was born in Chicago, so that’s why I follow Chicago teams,” junior Alex Black said.

Courtesy of the Tennessee Titans
“I like the Tennessee Titans because A) they are close enough to drive and see a game. B), Marcus Mariota is the GOAT. And C), the organization is making the team a lot better than they used to be,” freshman Chase Spearman said.

Courtesy of the Detroit Red Wings
“I started watching the Red Wings when I was little because of Brett Hull. I liked how he played but then he retired so I decided to keep following the Red Wings,” junior Kyle Renaud said.

Courtesy of the Pittsburgh Penguins
“I really like the Pittsburgh Penguins. I am a big Sidney Crosby fan so I decided to start keeping up with the Penguins,” senior Tyler Beerman said.

Courtesy of the Indiana Pacers
“I really like Paul George so that sort of forced me to like the Indiana Pacers, but they are a good team and I like the way they play,” junior Cartiese Luster said.

Courtesy of the Boston Celtics
“I started liking the Boston Celtics when Paul Pierce was playing for them. Then they lost all of their key players but now, since Isaiah Thomas is the next big point guard, I really like watching them again,” senior Sebastian Beffa said.

Courtesy of the Chicago Blackhawks

Courtesy of the Los Angeles Angels
“I enjoy watching the Los Angeles Angels. Some of my family lives in Anaheim and one time I went to a game and it was so cool. Mike Trout is also one of my favorite players,” senior Nick DeBeer said.

Favorite Out-of-Town Teams